Living well means being well. Through traditional practices and integrative health, Exempla Lutheran Medical Center's services can help you find the spark to live your best everyday.
We are here to help you get healthy...and stay healthy.
The health care professionals at Exempla Lutheran Medical Center are deeply committed to putting your well-being first. With a full spectrum of services, we take care of the whole you, body, mind and spirit.
Schedule a preventive test today by calling 303.425.2781.
You can now see just how healthy your heart is thanks to the world's most advanced CT scanner, the SuperSCAN. This preventative health screening gives doctors the ability to find heart disease faster and treat life-threatening illnesses sooner.
SuperSCAN can capture images of a beating heart in five heartbeats and an organ in a second. It performs whole body scans in 10 seconds, more than twice as fast as conventional multi-slice CT scanners. And it does so using the lowest dose of radiation and without sacrificing clarity of the images.
SuperSCAN Featured Screenings:
Calcium Heart Score - By measuring the calcium levels in the coronary arteries, and identifying calcium within plaque, SuperSCAN provides a fast, accurate way to evaluate heart health. This calcium "score" reveals the degree of calcification (formed from cholesterol, fat, and other substances in the blood), which can help physicians determine your risk of having a heart attack in the future. Patients can get a screening without a doctor's order. To make an appointment call 303.425.2781 to make an appointment.
Cardiac and Coronary Vessel CT Angiography - Combining the use of x-rays and computerized images, SuperSCAN can provide 3-D images of blood flow in arteries and veins throughout the body, including those in the brain, lungs, kidneys, arms and legs. This patient-friendly procedure helps screen individuals for arterial disease. Physician order is required for this procedure.
To learn more about the services offered at Exempla Lutheran Breast Care Center
or to make an appointment call 303.403.7871.
When it comes to your health, Exempla Lutheran Breast Care Center's physicians and staff are here to provide you care in a nurturing, warm environment with the latest technology to bring you the best medical care.
We now bring you the latest technology in women's health - digital mammography. According to a study by National Cancer Institute, digital mammography is significantly better than film mammography for all women. With this level of technology, our radiologists can detect problems earlier to treat patients sooner and save lives. This technology is especially effective for screening women under age 50, or women with very dense breast tissue.
- Now OPEN: Exempla Lutheran Breast Care Center Screening Suite
This new Screening Suite is now open with the same care and the same compassionate staff that you have come to expect at Lutheran. The care area is designed with women's needs in mind - with a calming, spa-like interior to compliment our specialized care. With our new digital mammography services, you will benefit clearer images and shorter wait-time to secure an appointment. This office will also be the home of DEXA (Osteoporosis/Bone Density) screenings.
- Exempla Lutheran Breast Care Center Diagnostic Suite
We are currently modernizing the existing office to be a dedicated Diagnostic Suite to care for patients who need more specialized services such as biopsies, ultrasounds, and needle localizations. This care area will have the same warm touch as the Screening Suite and the same comprehensive care you have come to expect.
To find our more about all the classes offered at Lutheran just click on Classes at Bridges or call AnswerLine at 303.689.4595.
Education is the key to living a well life. Exempla Lutheran Medical Center offers you a wide-array of free and competively priced classes to get your body and mind in shape.
- Feeding Your Health Cooking Series - Exempla Lutheran Medical Center is pleased to partner with Whole Foods Market at Belmar to provide cooking classes that feed your health with medical knowledge, dietary suggestions and recipes to help you live your best. Classes will be held at the Whole Foods Market at Belmar, 444 S. Wadsworth Blvd. in Lakewood. Registration fee, $15, includes samples of delicious and health food. To get inspired for the next cooking class visit Whole Foods Classes.
- Yoga, Tai-Chi and More - Bridges Integrative Health Services, located on the ELMC campus, offers a variety of classes and workshops to put you on the path to good health. Contact Bridges at 303.425.2262 or visit Bridges to get a full list of classes.
- New Mom and Family Services Classes - Women and Family Services provides education classes and resources that enhance the efforts of women and families in attaining optimal health. For a full listing of classes offered visit our Center for Women and Infants.
- Spirit of Women - Spirit of Women brings together a national group of hospitals dedicated to improving the health and wellness of women. Membership is free and provides access to all our programs and events plus valuable discounts at local restaurants, health clubs, salons, repair services, and more. To learn more about becoming a member and upcoming classes visit Spirit of Women.
- Orthopedics - The Human Motion Institute brings you a series of classes focused on getting you back in motion. These classes range on topics from preventing gardening injuries to understanding hip replacement surgery. For a list of upcoming topics visit Human Motion Institute®.
- Mini-Med School - This is a free program designed for anyone who wants to take an active role in understanding and making informed decisions about healthcare. Taught by some of Denver's preeminent doctors and subject-matter experts, this is medical science in language you can understand. No educational requirements and no homework! To plan your next semester visit Classes and Events.
- Support Groups - Focused on moving you to wellness faster, these support groups allow patients to learn from others with the same concerns and questions. A variety of support groups are available for conditions ranging from cancer to grief support to cardiovascular health. To see a full listing of the groups offered visit Classes and Events.